Dear blowing wind...

 "muyaga uhuha ujya iwabo, waretse nkagutuma? ukamubwira ko mukunda ko, nashize nkabura aho mbihera." ~Knowless Butera, 2016.


I plead with the wind that comes in your direction every dawn, ask her if she can maybe, just maybe blow a bit louder so you can hear what my heart says but my mouth can't utter.

I whisper to her everytime she takes off for her journey in the south: "please tell him, I had a dream. again", "tell him I am glad the sun will be out in a little, cause I am sure that's him."

I mean... which other sun could there ever be??

"please say to him softly that even if it wasn't him that rises every morning to light my days, that set every evening to give those beautiful views, even if it was not his eyes that I see every star night and it wasn't him that lends the moon his light; the sun and the stars would still have to compete with him for my attention" and boy would they ever win?

I know the wind be laughing at me but atleast I hope she somehow sees how desperate I am someday and decides to help a damsel in distress.....

but until then lemme be delusional in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About You

THAT THING

I curse the day I known you